Wednesday, October 1, 2008

World of Warcraft - 7 Day Trial Experience


I've always wanted to play World of Warcraft so I can see what all the fuss was about, but I never really wanted to because it costs money to play and because I heard it was extremely addictive. The other day I saw an ad somewhere that was advertising a World of Warcraft(WoW) ten day free trial. So, I figured, what the heck, let's give it a try, it's only ten days and chances I won't far enough in the game to want to buy the full thing.

After finally setting up my account, and filling in fake personal info in all those fields they make you fill out, I was ready to kick some ass. On a side note, I really have no idea why the hell they need your state, address, phone number, and all that other personal info. Are they going to track you down if you mess around on the game? Who knows. Getting back on track, WoW was a whole milestone from what I've heard of it. I've heard things like the graphics are bad, and game play sucks. Honestly, it was nothing like that when I played, so I have no idea what people are talking about. This is how I would sum up my feelings about how great this game really is, "WoW, this game sucks! It's possibly the shittiest game that I have ever laid eyes upon. Seriously, I would rather play Runescape than Wow, and if that doesn't tell you something, you must be mentally retarded."

Let's start with the graphics. I've heard things about how crappy the graphics are, but actually seeing them for myself in-game was just unimaginable. I loved being able to change my character's appearance from looking like crap, to looking like a putrid pile of shit. I even traveled to a semi-populated town where I found some higher level characters. They had higher level equipment, but it still looked like some kind of crap made out of clay or something. This one guy had a sword that was on fire, it was an improvement in graphics, but still not good enough. Sorry, but Blizzard you seriously need to improve WoW's graphics a lot. It's not the year 2000 anymore guys, get on your asses and start rendering up a more realistic world.

The gameplay wasn't any better, so that didn't win my heart to play either. I can't stand a game with bad graphics, but if the controls are a mess, there's no point in trying to continue the game. It's pretty nice using your keyboard to move, but why the hell can't I use my mouse and click on a spot where I want to move to? Is it so hard to put that into the game? Attacking is similar to a lot of other MMORPGs, the classic hack-and-slash, but WoW has a certain change that really annoyed the hell out of me. In order to start the hack-and-slash sequence after clicking your mouse to attack, you have to be facing the monster you want to attack and you also have to be in range. What the fuck? Why can't I just click my mouse so my character can automatically get in to position and initiate the hack-and-slash sequence of attacks where I can then use whatever skills or spells that I want while my character is doing its part? This game's a joke, thank god I only used a trial version to play and didn't waste my own hard earned cash on this crap.

The game did have something I liked though, so don't think I hated everything about it. When you would die, you would become a ghost and you would have to look for your corspe in order to come back to life. I found that feature interesting, but everything else was horrible.

If you're thinking about starting to play WoW for the first time, please just get the ten day trial and save yourself from wasting any money on this pile of putrid roadside skunk shit.

No comments: