Wednesday, October 1, 2008

How to Play Call of Duty 4 for FREE on PC


Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a fairly older game. It's not really old, but it did come out last year, but that doesn't mean that it's not worthwhile at all. In fact, it's one of the top first person shooters for the Xbox 360 gaming console right now. I don't know the exact number, but I believe it was something like forty million copies that were sold of the game since it was first released. Anyway, I'm not going to be talking about Xbox 360 here, but about CoD4(Call of Duty 4) on the PC(Personal Computer).

So I've had CoD4 for the Xbox 360 almost ever since it was first released, but over the last week or so, I've been hitting up internet cafes and playing CoD4 on the PC with a few friends, so I figured I might as well get it for PC since most of them don't have an Xbox 360. Of course since I already have a version of CoD4 for Xbox 360, there's no way I'm spending another sixty bucks so I can play it on my PC. What better way to get something so great and expensive for free other than torrents. If you don't know what torrents are, damn you've been missing out on some great opportunities.

Anyway, since I'm sure almost everyone has played CoD4 at least once I'm not going to get into detail about what the game's about and its mechanics. I'm just going to be comparing the Xbox 360 version with the PC version. If you've never played CoD4, well you better get your ass to the nearest game shop and buy it. No money? Then get the PC Version and download it from a torrent. To save you some time looking for the torrent, follow this link and get it from there. There are a lot of people seeding it, but a lot more leechers too, but it's probably the best one out there and depending on your speed and the number of seeds, you should get it down in a day or so. It took me about twenty-two hours to fully download, but for a game its size, that's a pretty good time.

The torrent comes with a No-CD crack for single player mode, and also with a Key Code Generator for multiplayer play. The only downside is, all of those keys are being used. You won't imagine how many people are playing CoD4 as you read this blog, but they are there, using those CD Keys, not allowing you to play. Hey, you are getting the game for free, so don't get your panties in a twist about not being able to play. Thankfully, there's a solution: Private/Cracked Servers. Here is a list of private servers that you can play on, Private-Servers. And this is how you log on to the servers. First you open up your CoD4 multiplayer client, press " ` " on your keyboard, of course don't press the quotes, those are there to show you what you need to press, which is the key located directly to the left side of the "1" on your keyboard. After you've done so, an input box comes up. Type in, without quotes, "connect 87.106.210.231:28960" It'll connect to the game if your ping is low enough. If your ping is too high, get a better connection. If the server is full, go get a new one from the list. Anyway, that's how you get onto CoD4 on your PC for free.

Anyway, getting back to the point, CoD4 is pretty much the same on PC as it is on the Xbox 360. There are a few differences though. One of the first is, well you get to use your keyboard and mouse to play the game. If you've never used your keyboard other than to type up an essay, well you're screwed. The keys are fairly simple to use, and once you get used to them you'll do just fine. You can change the key up if you want as well, but for me I just left most of them as they were. You can use any mouse, but if you want to make things easier on yourself, you can get a gaming mouse. I use a Logitech G5 and with it I have a few more buttons on my mouse to make combat easier for myself. If you really want to, you can use a controller, but if you want to experience a new way to play, just use your keyboard(or if you're used to a keyboard & mouse, use your controller).

I've only played the PC Version for a few days, and I'm already level twenty-three. I don't remember the title rank, but it's around that number. Gaining levels is easy, especially if you do the challenges. I've heard things about the game messing up and resetting your ranks though, so watch out. From what I've seen, your rank info is stored on your hard drive, so it seems that your account details, ranks, and weapons are client-side, which means if you had the tools to do it, you could probably modify it all, but I really don't care for it so I haven't bothered looking up how to do it for this game. Movement is a little different on the PC as well. You can move forward, backward, left, and right like always, but unlike on the console you can strafe left and right a lot easier and the PC version also allows you to lean left and right to take a peak from the side of a wall or window unlike the console version where you would have to move your whole body to take a peak. I have noticed that running and jumping in the game is a little buggy because your character won't always run when you hit the run key and there seems to be a delay on jumping as you are running as well.

Well so far that's all I've noticed from just a few days of playing it on the PC, perhaps there are a lot more differences between the console and computer, but I have yet to discover them. If this article helped you out, please take the time to say thanks or something in the comments. Thanks.

No comments: